CA-Easytrieve Plus Advanced
This course provides the CA-Easytrieve Plus skill set required to:
Practice in the application of the concepts and techniques discussed is gained through the coding and testing of workshop problems. Emphasis is placed on the internal data flow and the effective and efficient use of CA-Easytrieve Plus.
- produce custom reports,
- use tables and arrays in a CA-Easytrieve Plus program,
- access and create sequential files,
- access and update VSAM files
- use synchronized file processing to locate duplicate records in a file
- use synchronized file processing to match multiple filesí records
Application programming personnel who are responsible for writing and maintaining CA-Easytrieve Plus programs; also technical staff responsible for supporting non-programming personnel who will be using CA-Easytrieve Plus.
- Have a working knowledge of the local installationís system editor.
- Have attended the MVS JCL LEVEL 1 course or have attained the level of competence in using MVS JCL described therein.
- Have attended the CA-EASYTRIEVE PLUS LEVEL 1 course or have attained the level of competence in using CA-Easytrieve Plus described therein.
At the conclusion of this course the attendee will be able to:
- Customize CA-Easytrieve Plusí automatic reports.
- Use the CA-Easytrieve Plus automatic reporting exit points to customize the report.
- Use tables and arrays in a CA-Easytrieve Plus program.
- Process sequential files using the CA-Easytrieve Plus GET and PUT statements.
- Process VSAM files using the CA-Easytrieve Plus READ, WRITE, and POINT statements.
- Use CA-Easytrieve Plusí synchronized file processing to locate duplicate records in a file.
- Use CA-Easytrieve Plusí synchronized file processing to match 2 or more filesí records.
Our Easytrieve experts can cover any and all topics on this subjectótopics can be added or deleted per Clientís needs.
- REVIEW OF CA-EASYTRIEVE PLUS
A. Program Organization and Defining Program Variables
B. The Automatic I/O and Reporting Processes
C. IF, ELSE-IF, DO, and CASE Conditional Logic
D. Using PERFORM to Structure a CA-Easytrieve Plus Program
E. Using SORT to Restructure an Input File
F. Creating and Using Macros
- CUSTOMIZING AUTOMATIC REPORTS
A. Using DISPLAY to Create an Ad Hoc Report
B. Using the REPORT Statementís DTLCTL Operand
C. Using the REPORT Statementís SUMCTL Operand
D. Creating a SUMMARY Report
E. Using the REPORT Statementís SUMFILE Operand
F. Directing Printed Output to Specific Datasets
- CREATING CUSTOM REPORTS
A. Exit Points in the Automatic Report Process
B. Rules for Coding Report Exit Procedures
C. The INPUT Exit Point
D. The BREAK Exit Point
E. The LINE Exit Point
F. The ENDPAGE Exit Point
G. The TERMINATION Exit Point
- USING TABLES AND ARRAYS
A. Defining a TABLE File
B. Using the SEARCH Statement
C. What is an Array Anyway?
D. Using Indexes in CA-Easytrieve Plus
- PROGRAM CONTROLLED FILE PROCESSING
A. The COPY Statement
B. The MOVE Statement
C. The MOVE LIKE Statement
D. Processing Sequential Files with the GET and PUT Statements
E. Processing VSAM Files using the READ Statement
F. Processing VSAM Files using the WRITE Statement to UPDATE a VSAM File
G. Processing VSAM Files using the WRITE Statement to ADD a Record to a VSAM File
H. Processing VSAM Files using the WRITE Statement to DELETE a Record from a VSAM File
I. Processing VSAM Files using the POINT Statement to Process a VSAM File Dynamically
A. Finding Duplicate Records in a Single File
B. Finding Matching Records in Multiple Files
Workstations are needed for this session.