CA-Easytrieve Plus Basic
This course provides the skills required to produce reports and create sequential files using CA-Easytrieve Plus. Practice in the application of the concepts and techniques discussed are gained through the coding and testing of workshop problems. Emphasis is placed on the internal data flow and the effective and efficient use of CA-Easytrieve Plus.
Application programming personnel who are responsible for writing and maintaining CA-Easytrieve Plus programs; also technical staff responsible for supporting non-programming personnel who will be using CA-Easytrieve Plus.
- Have a working knowledge of the local installation’s system editor.
- Have experience in at least one high-level programming language.
- Have attended the MVS JCL LEVEL 1 course or have attained the level of competence in using MVS JCL described therein.
At the conclusion of this course the attendee will be able to:
- Describe the syntax of CA-Easytrieve Plus statements.
- List the sections of a CA-Easytrieve Plus program.
- Describe how sequential files are defined in CA-Easytrieve Plus programs.
- Describe how program variables are defined in CA-Easytrieve Plus programs.
- Use the CA-Easytrieve Plus data assignment statements.
- Use the CA-Easytrieve Plus data movement statements.
- Use the CA-Easytrieve Plus conditional logic statements.
- Use the CA-Easytrieve Plus branching statements.
- Use CA-Easytrieve Plus’ automatic file processing to retrieve records from sequential files.
- Use CA-Easytrieve Plus’ automatic report processing to create single and multiple reports sequential files.
- INTRODUCTION TO CA-EASYTRIEVE PLUS
A. CA-Easytrieve Plus and Its Capabilities
B. CA-Easytrieve Plus Program Structure
C. CA-Easytrieve Plus Statement Syntax
D. CA-Easytrieve Plus Words and Word Delimiters
E. CA-Easytrieve Plus Identifiers and Arithmetic Operators
- THE ENVIRONMENT SECTION
A. CA-Easytrieve Plus Standard Options
B. The PARM Statement
C. Common PARM Statement Parameters
- CA-EASYTRIEVE PLUS PROGRAM LIBRARY SECTION
A. Defining a Sequential File and its Data Fields
B. Redefining a Data Field’s Storage
C. Defining Numeric Data Fields
D. Defining a Data Field’s Default Report Heading
E. Defining a Data Field’s Edit Mask
F. Defining Working Storage Data Fields
G. CA-Easytrieve Plus Predefined Variables
- THE PROGRAM ACTIVITY SECTION
A. JOB Activity Statement
B. The Conditional Statements - IF, ELSE-IF, CASE, and DO
C. Branching Statements - GOTO, PERFORM
D. Assigning Values to Program Variables
- USING MACROS
A. What is a Macro and Where Can I Get One?
B. Defining and Retrieving Macros
- CA-EASYTRIEVE PLUS AUTOMATIC REPORT CREATION
A. The Automatic Report Process and Report Layout
B. The PRINT Statement
C. The REPORT Statement
D. The SEQUENCE Statement
E. The CONTROL Statement
F. The SUM Statement
G. The TITLE Statement
H. The HEADING Statement
I. The LINE Statement
J. Using TALLY
- THE SORT ACTIVITY
A. Reordering a File’s Records
B. Using BEFORE to Select or Modify the Input Records
Our Easytrieve experts can cover any and all topics on this subject—topics can be added or deleted per Client’s needs.
Workstations are needed for this session.