JES2 for Systems Programmers
This course provides the fundamentals of JES2 to I/T Professionals. It is intended to provide the student with the understanding to control, customize and administer the JES2 subsystem in a z/OS environment.
- System programmers who need an understanding of JES2.
Introduction to JES2 Concepts
- Introduction to JES2 Checkpoint and Spool operations
- Examine JES2 job execution phases
- JES2 and Workload Manager (WLM)
- JES2 system configuration options (including Poly-JES).
- Explore JES2 and JES3 conceptual differences.
Controlling JES2 Processes
- JES2 start-up options
- JES2 procedure and specification requirements
- Dynamic allocation of PROCLIB and PARMLIB specifications
- Backup JES2 procs
- Introduction to JES2 initialization statements
Spool Volumes and Operation
- JES2 device assignments
- Internal reader facility
- Specifying PROCLIBS
- Job selection criteria and job initiation
- Member affinity and initiator management
- Output management
- Print/Punch phase and output routing
JES2 Checkpoint Processing
- Spool volume allocation
- Spool management
- Spool offload facility
Remote JES2 Configurations: RJE/NJE
- Checkpoint sizing and placement
- Checkpoint configuration considerations
- Checkpoint reconfiguration dialogues
- Recovering from Multi-Access Spool (MAS) failures
- JES2 Checkpoint and the coupling facility
- Network Job Entry (NJE) definitions
- Networking considerations and topology
- Remote Job Entry (RJE) definitions
- SNA vs BSE definitions
- Introduction to JES2 Concepts
- JES2 Initialization
- Controlling JES2 Processes
- Spool Volumes and Operation
- JES2 Checkpoint Processing
- Remote JES2 Configurations: RJE/NJE
Our JES2 experts can cover any and all topics on this subject—topics can be added or deleted per Client’s needs.
Workstations are needed for this session.